A temporary residence permit in the Russian Federation is issued within the established quotas. They are approved taking into account the distribution between the states of the Federation and federal districts.
On November 15, 2018, the Prime Minister signed Order No. 2496-p on the distribution of quotas for a temporary residence permit for 2019. According to this order, quotas were set for temporary resident permit for 2019, the total number of which is 83,480, which is 6,880 less than quota established for 2018 (90,360 pieces) and 20,520 less than the quota established for 2017 (110,880 ).
According to official data, the quota for permits for temporary residence for 2019 was reduced due to the implementation of the resettlement program for compatriots living abroad, since participants in this program do not need to receive quotas for temporary residence.
The quotas for temporary residence for 2019 were approved taking into account the distribution by constituent states of the Russian Federation and federal districts, including:
- in the Central Federal District, the quota for 2019 was 24,150 units;
- in the North-West Federal District, the quota for obtaining a temporary residence permit in 2019 was 6,480;
- in the Southern Federal District, the quota for 2019 is also slightly more than 11,200 units;
- in the North Caucasus Federal District - 6,900;
- in the Volga Federal District quotas for a temporary residence permit in the amount of 14,200 pieces;
- in the Urals Federal District a quota has been allocated in the amount of 4,800 units;
- in the Siberian Federal District, the quota for obtaining a temporary residence permit was allocated in the amount of 9,620;
- in the Far Eastern Federal District - 6,130 pieces.