Why do you need a lawyer to buy real estate?
Acquisition of a property in Russia is a complex set of actions. When making a deal, it is necessary to sign a number of legal documents and follow certain procedures. It is important to understand that the legal support of real estate deals includes not only and not so much the participation of a lawyer in the process of the transaction. Our work begins before the transaction is made and consists in solving a number of difficult tasks: analyzing the legal history of real estate, verifying the seller’s authority and whether he has the right to dispose of this real estate, encumbrances, violations of the law, and much more.
Legal support of real estate deals is aimed at assessing and eliminating risks for the parties, in particular, for the buyer as a more vulnerable party. There are a lot of risks:
- recognition of a contract as non-concluded;
- recognition of the purchase and sale of real estate invalid;
- reclamation of acquired property;
- the seller’s failure to transfer the purchased property;
- real estate is subject to the rights of third parties.
To eliminate risks, the knowledge and experience of real etate lawyers is required.