Labor activity of various categories of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation
Labor of foreigners in the Russian Federation is regulated by the Law “On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation” of July 25, 2002 No. 115-ФЗ. It covers various aspects of legalization, the procedure for attracting foreigners as labor force in the Russian economy (articles 13, 14, 18). All capable foreigners who are over the age of 18 and stay in Russia legally have the right to engage in labor / business activities in the manner prescribed by law.
The main categories of such citizens are:
- highly qualified specialists from abroad;
- foreigners - representatives of commercial organizations from WTO member countries;
- citizens of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan;
- foreigners from visa-free countries that have issued a patent for employment in the Russian Federation;
- citizens from other countries who entered the Russian Federation on work visas.